My day started at 3am when I had a dream and could not fall back asleep. This is pretty typical lately. At 5:15am, Liberty was sprayed by a skunk. I spent 15 hours taking care of the smell on her and in the house. I still have to take care of the smell in the bathroom, but for now, it can wait.
In between taking care of the smell... I read a post from a coast guard wife and mama who also struggled with infertility.... Her water broke at 30 weeks and she's in the hospital. I know her babies will be just fine when they are born and they're in great hands but wow... how stressful and scary for them. Thoughts and prayers for her, her husband, and the babies until her babies are here safe and sound.
Then I took a nap... I woke up and found out that a Coastie who's story I've been following for a while has a tumor growing back. Countless surgeries and rounds of chemotherapy and radiation and he's still battling. Hugs and Prayers for E, J, and their kids. I know they're exhausted and sick of the cancer spreading and coming back.
So moral of the story... today life happened, Donnie had to go to work and I had to deal with the dog... had to call out of work and spend hours trying to get the smell out... my back hurts and I'm tired... but I don't have half the pain that these two families are feeling tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment